John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have just installed a Brother DCP - 1510. the printer is

Customer Question

I have just installed a Brother DCP - 1510. the printer is working well but as I have Windows 10 and the scanner is not talking to my computer. I have noticed that on the DVD Windows 10 is not mentioned. Help Kerry
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Generally, it is always better to install the latest drivers from the Brother website rather than from fixed media. This is particularly true after a major operating system upgrade.

You need to uninstall the drivers from the DVD installation and download new drivers from the Brother website. I can give you detailed directions that ae guaranteed to result in a successful installation.