Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware

It did an update and now want power up, it starts to turn on

Customer Question

it did an update and now want power up, it starts to turn on but then shuts off. It is an epson wf-4630
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its maybe 3 4 months old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugging it, check for paperjams, open and closed all doors, removed ink cartridges and put them back in
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Do you have tried to connect the printer with any other power outlet in your home or office ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have, same thing. Starts to power on, shows the epson logo on screen and then shuts down
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the information, the problem you are facing is caused by two reasons, one if the main board is defective and two if the firmware is corrupt. as you said that the printer started to do this after the update, it means the firmware was corrupt to which it was updated, unfortunately nothing can be done at present at your home, as the printer is still under warranty period and trying to solve this problem at home will void the warranty, it will be best to replace the printer from Epson as soon as possible.