Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I appears the upper black roll in the back fuser area is

Customer Question

I appears the upper black roll in the back fuser area is damaged on my MFC-9340CDW
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: The crinkle on the printed pages has been getting worse over the last couple of weeks.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I opened the back panel to look at the fuser and the black roll looks to have overheated possibly? But it has lost chunks off the coating
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't believe so
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

When a roller in the fuser has been damaged in anything like the fashion you describe, there are two approaches to fixing it:

1. the minimalist approach, where you only replace that one roller that was damaged, and have to disassemble the fuser and then reassemble it afterwards, as well as getting the fuser assembly out of the machine and putting it back in, in order to replace the roller.

or

2. the standard approach: since there may be other problems (such as, a tendency to overheat in the whole fuser, in your case), one replaces the whole fuser assembly.

In a Brother MFC-9340CDW model printer, the fuser unit is replaceable from this standard-enough supplier:

http://www.precisionroller.com/fuser-assemblies---units-for-brother-mfc-9340cdw/details_75840.html?src=gbps&gclid=CNrdpLzNv84CFZNZhgodeJQL1g

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.