Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I'm having a problem with my printer, It's new... I bought

Customer Question

I'm having a problem with my printer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's new... I bought it three months ago
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it is an HP Officejet Pro 6830
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I'm using a Macbook Air and connected the USB cable from HP Officejet Pro 6830. I'm trying to print a paper but the print queue for HP Officejet Pro 6830 status says error. I have printed papers on this printer before.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer for now.
  2. On the computer, click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences.
  3. Then open Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax)
  4. Then click on the HP printer there, and click on the - (minus) button at bottom left and delete it for now. Make sure there is not any HP item showing there for now.
  5. Make sure printer is powered on.
  6. Re-connect the printer's USB cable secure to both printer and computer.
  7. Click on the + (plus) icon at bottom left, and it should detect your HP printer, then select it and add it.
  8. Then check printing.

- If there is still any issue, are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is still an issue. I have followed the steps that you provided.

1. Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)? (Put a document or photo faced down on printer's glass, then press the Copy button / option on the printer, does it copy fine?)

2. When you try my steps, what happens? Are you able to delete the printer? When you try to add it back, does it detect the printer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

If it does not detect the printer when you try to add it, then try connecting the printer to another USB port on the computer and check. And/or try another USB printer cable if you have.

Are you stuck at any step? Is there any error or message?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer for you?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,