John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

When I moved I changed from DISH satellite to Comcast Cable.

Customer Question

When I moved I changed from DISH satellite to Comcast Cable. My printer will not print wirelessly, only with the usb plugged in. I got an error message stated there is an incorrect port. I ran the repair and diagnose tool that shows no problem. This is a Canon MX340
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Dustin,
I have a Windows 8.1
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** do have the uSB cable if needed to change settings?

Would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Also, Im about to step away from my keyboard for 15 minutes to pick up a lunch order, so please allow a bit of time before I reply next, thank you!

Dustin S

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would like to try it without the secure connect first.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a USB cable.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

All right, Ill go ahead and send the offer to you, and when I return from pikcing up lunch to-go, ill send you the connection steps.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How's lunch? I have a question on the charges. If I go with the secure remote Assistance for $29 am I also charged the $21?
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

I just made it back in.. My sincere apologies for the delay. The remote assistance is in addition to the initial fee.

We can proceed in two ways, I can connect, work the issue and if I am unsuccessful then you can request a full refund of all fees.

Or, if you dont want to proceed we can stop here and submit a refund request, or we can ignore the remote support and instead try to handle this via written communication.

Let me know how you want to proceed.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'd like to stop here and get the refund.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Not a problem, you can self process a refund using the link below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

If you change your mind , you're welcome to get back to me on this same conversation page.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanx for your time