Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service

My canon mx459 is showing error 6000 and everything printed

Customer Question

my canon mx459 is showing error 6000 and everything printed comes out blurry
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: no. it is about 2 years old but we don't use it much
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: not much we don't know much avbout it
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Printer error has occurred.

Turn off the machine, and unplug the power cord of the machine from the power supply.

Plug the machine back in and turn the machine back on.

If this doesnt work, rework the steps by following the instructions below.

• If you disconnect the power plug, all the faxes stored in the machine's memory are deleted.

Just turn-off then on again.. long key press, then remove cartridge then try to wipe it gently, put it back again then, on your computer do the usual printer maintenance check.hopefully it works. check the hose as well. You can also try resetting;Turn off the printer the press and hold the STOP/RESET button, Press and hold Power ON button while holding release the STOP/RESET button then holding on the Power ON button, press twice the STOP/RESET button.Release the Power ON button wait until it display an "idle" message.After a minute. The "idle" will appear, open the top cover to expose the cartridges. Lift up the cover for cartridge holder and take out both the black and color cartridges. Return the cover of cartridge holder and turn off the printer. Return the top cover and turn on the printer again after the printer initialize, return the cartridges.

Let me know if this helps and we will go from there.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.