Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have an Epson XP-830 printer. It has worked fine for until

Customer Question

I have an Epson XP-830 printer. It has worked fine for until I changed the ink yesterday.
The problem is: Color prints fine. Black ink is a faint blur.
I changed all the ink including the black yesterday. What can I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

If you have not tried cleaning the printhead, please follow the steps in this video to clean the printhead.

Once complete, try a test print. Is black printing any better now? If not, then you must have a bad black ink cartridge, id suggest trying a new one. You can order the ink here at a discount or just the black ink tank here

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cleaned head, replaced ink and did a software update. When I printed your answer it printed ok. Then I tried printing other thing and I got the same blur on black ink???????
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

The other thing you tried to print. What specific program did you use when you tried to print it?

Also, what type of file was it that you printed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am on an apple desktop and hit control P as I always do to print. I tried printing emails and files to see if it was one or the other.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let's try to have you fix it.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am on OS X Yosemite imac 27" mid 2011
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Ive sent the offer for remote support, once that offer has been clicked and accepted, I will walk you through the connection steps.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried clicking but nothing happens
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Are you viewing this page from your yosemite Imac?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

What browser are you using currently? Safrari, chrome, firefox?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Thats probably part of the issue.. Can you view our conversation page in safari.

Copy and paste the url if needed. Chrome shuts down java script which blocks some of our site buttons, as well as the connection software we need to use.

So we definitely want to switch this conversation over to your safari browser.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll try, I'm not that savy
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I copied url on Safari but it only gets me to your website and asks me for a password
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This has been most unhelpful, I wish to close this "help" conversation and assume I will not be charged.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

When it asked you for your justanswer login and password, all you needed to do was login.

However, since you said you do not want to continue, this link will help you request a refund.