Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors

My Canon MX 396 has stopped printing any thing from my

Customer Question

My Canon MX 396 has stopped printing any thing from my computer. I have windows 10.
I am not very good with computers so I am not too sure If I will be able to follow any instructions but I am willing to try.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Did you upgrade to windows 10 recently?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
About a year ago, the printer has been working Ok until earlier this wek
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

is the printer on wifi or on usb?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

If you want i can provide secure remote access and will fix the problem for you. Remote access is an additional service which allows the expert to work directly on the problem and it provides quick resolution, you can sit back and watch while the experts fixes the problem right in front of you. This saves you a whole lot of time and money from hiring an onsite technician.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

you may try downloading the driver and install it from the link below.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What other options are available to me? I don't think I could do what you ask, not competent.
By the way the printer is less than a year old, should I take it back to either where I bought it or to Canon?
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

I gave 2 options one is remote assistance which is an additional service with a guaranteed fix, second is i gave the printer driver download link click to download the driver software and then install it the printer must be connected to the usb then it should print just fine.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's all too complicated for my ancient brain, sorry but thanks for trying
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will get back when one of my computer literate grandchildren next visit
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Steps are all give and it very simple. Take your time and try to follow them and let me know if you find any problem following the steps.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks again but no thanks
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

no problem have a good day.