John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

My Epson wf3640 has stopped scanning. I cannot find a

Customer Question

My Epson wf3640 has stopped scanning. I cannot find a solution to the problem. My PC is a dell latitude 3570 with a wifi connection to the printer. I have reloaded the printer scanner software. Printing is fine but when I go to try and start a scan it says it "cannot communicate with the scanner". How do I get this to work?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was there any change recently to your computer or to your internet modem / router device that may have caused this issue?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,