Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

I have a Canon ipf6300 printer. I have been getting the

Customer Question

I have a Canon ipf6300 printer. I have been getting the error message 03130031-2618
By turning in off and then back on has been solving the problem ,but today each time i power back up the message keeps coming up. what can I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Luckily, this error only happens to certain models and troubleshooting is fairly simple but it means that there is a voltage issue somewhere.

First, power off the printer. Unplug the power cable. Wait 30 minutes to allow the static to leave the unit. Then reconnect the power cable and turn it on. If the message doesn't go away, make sure that the power supply is working properly. If the power supply is okay, then the voltage of the printhead is not right and you will need to replace the printhead. If that does not resolve, then check for the cable continuity between the carriage relay PCB and the main controller PCB by replacing the cable. If that doesn't work, replace the carriage relay PCB. Then, lastly if no resolution, replace the main controller PCB.

If you find this answer helpful or find that it resolves your issue, please remember to rate my answer with at least 3 stars so that I may continue to serve clients with the best service possible!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Were you able to resolve this issue? Please let me know!