Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

A piece of adhesive is stuck in the "bowels" of the printer

Customer Question

a piece of adhesive is stuck in the "bowels" of the printer how can i get it out?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Is the tape within reach to where you can pull it out with tweezers or something like that? Is the tape essentially melded onto a part?

There is no harm in using tools to get the tape out as long as you unplug the printer and let it sit for about 10 minutes to kill any static charge within the printer.

Let me know what you have tried to do so far.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can not see where it is to get it out.

Not even with a flashlight?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no. i'm thinking it is stuck. i did see the sheet when i took out the other part, but cant see any thing now

I have to say, this is not a problem I have run across in my 15 years of working with technology. You'd think I would have? Ha! Short of tearing the thing apart, I am at a loss and I'm sure you don't want to do that.

What I am going to do is opt out and see if any of the other experts have any ideas (at no cost to you). You shouldn't have to explain anything as they will see the conversation.

I hope this gets resolved!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the printer.

Still, an easy user doable attempt would be to feed board paper or something similar and go through the motion of printing (even without anything really to print such as a blank document). The idea is to exercise the printer mechanism with the board paper and hopefully "snag" the erring obstruction (piece of adhesive).

All others would be internal and dependent on the printer model.