Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert

I put a 9x12 calendar to copy a portion -- the machine would

Customer Question

I put a 9x12 calendar to copy a portion -- the machine would not print it -- and seemingly jammedthe print carriage... The instruction window reads:"The print carriage cannot move.Open the ink cartridge access door, clear any paper jam or obstruction and select OK"I opened the door and even remove the rear access panel.I cannot see ANY paper jam...I've owned many copiers and I know where to look and what to look for. I decided to reload more paper, and to my surprise ther was only one (1) piece of paper in the tray, so I loaded it with newFresh paper, about half full.Same results. There is no evidence of any pieces, shreds or the likes of torn paper.HELP !!!Carl **************Your PROMT assistance is very much, appreciated...OH ! And the machine is an,HP Officejet Pro 8610
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi Carl,

Possibly the paper feed mechanism has got disrupted by the calendar, and is unable to feed in further sheets of paper, so the paper thinks there is a jam.

Examine the paper feed mechanism for any signs of damage and check if it appears to operate normally...

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?