Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have a Canon Pyxma MG7120, purchased 2/14. I recently

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pyxma MG7120, purchased 2/14. I recently changed my Earthlink password, and I need to apply that change to the printer, which is not reading the new password ***** therefore will not print. Please advise.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Do you have replaced the router or only changed the wifi password ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I replaced the router with a new one from Earthlink, a "Smart RG".
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the reply, I am giving you a link below, please download the file and follow the steps to setup the printer with the new router and let me know, how it goes for you.

http://www.canon.ca/support_images/KB_Images/PIXMA_MG7120/router_change_MG7120_Mac.pdf

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I find the instructions on the link you sent to be too complicated for me to manage. Is there any tech support available from Canon to walk me through the installation of software, drivers etc?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

I can do that for you by remote support, but it is not possible for anyone to reconnect the printer with the router, because you have to do that yourself using the printer's control panel. I guide you to do that also, but it will take time. So, only start when you have time otherwise, we can continue later.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. I'll get back to you. Apparently there is additional cost for this.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Yes.