John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a WF-3640. I have two computers Previously previously

Customer Question

I have a WF-3640.
I have two computers
Previously previously I could print from and scan to both computers.
Now I can only scan to one of the computers.
Could you please advise how I might reestablish the connnection for scanning to the other computer.
Thank you
Category: Printers
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please tell me if your Epson WF-3640 device is connected to a computer using a cable, or it was configured as a wireless printer/scanner? Also, do you get any error message when trying to print or scan from the other computer?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Wireless. No error message - the computer does not come up as a destination option. The only options that come up are USB and the other computer. Previously the options were
Last Computer Used
X230 (or X121 depending on which had been used last)
USB
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello! Thanks for the update!

Are the options you mentioned shown on the printer control panel (display) or on the Epson program utility on the computer? Also, is your other computer able to print to the printer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
On the printer display. Both computers can print.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello!

In case you have an anti-virus and/or firewall program installed on the computer, please temporary disable it and then check if the printer will list it when trying to scan.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing. This is taking too long.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

OK. I will opt-out and allow another Expert to assist you since I am not always available to respond to you right away.

Regards,