John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I removed the hardware and software of an old HP Printer. I

Customer Question

I removed the hardware and software of an old HP Printer. I thought I installed the new one correctly, an all in one HP 5746. The printer control panel says I am connected and have a solid blue light. My desktop computer does not even know it exists. Help!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Have you tried the printer connecting to the usb port, just to make sure the printer is good and its working on the usb port.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I should have mentioned that I did that and indeed verified the printer worked. I was hoping to take advantage of the wireless capability. Now I know that my wireless router is the problem since I had trouble with the old printer also. Thank you, ***** ***** will pass on any more assistance from you.
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

let me know when you could be online i will assist you to get it fixed.