John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I don't have the manual to my MX410 printer. I want to scan

Customer Question

I don't have the manual to my MX410 printer. I want to scan documents & upload them to my laptop.
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon MX410, appx 4 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have the printer cable connected to the laptop. I put the document on the glass & pressed the scan button.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That's all, thank you
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was scanning working fine previously? Is there any error or message?

Is printing currently working fine?

Do you see the (Canon) IJ Scan Utility program on your computer? If yes, what happens when you use it to scan?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Do you see the (Canon) MP Navigator EX program on your computer? If yes, what happens when you use the MP Navigator EX program to scan? Is there any error or message?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,