John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Printer jammed;Cleared 2ys ago; since that time it will not

Customer Question

Printer jammed;Cleared 2ys ago; since that time it will not respond to computer commands via wirelesss net work. Additionally when trying to print from glass it takes almost 2 minutes to print a page and then I am getting warnings like the paper is wrong size.or the cartridge cannot move; Sounds like a serious hiccup not it also making hard sounds when engaging.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That problem sounds quite frustrating, and I hope I can help by giving advice that may clear up the problem.

How old is your printer, measured from its date of purchase, please?

And, how long ago was the paper jam that you cleared out?

Also, what is the printer's maker and model #?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think it is 4or 5 yrs old; Jam was Friday this past week; It is hp 8600 all in one

I fear I may not have the advice necessary to help with this problem, so I have Opted Out, in favor of an Expert with the information needed to solve this question at this time.

If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email. Thank you for your patience, meanwhile.