GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I have a 1220c printer connected to my h.p. computer. it is

Customer Question

I have a 1220c printer connected to my h.p. computer. it is stuck on printing the same thing. I have unpluged the printer. and it is stucked on the same printing. how do I erase the que. to stop if from printing the same thing?
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi Danny! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. Please let me know what your operating system is so I can provide detailed instructions for clearing the print que. If you aren't sure what operating system you have, this should help:

For Windows

Can you click this link and tell me what you see please?

http://whatsmyos.com/

For MAC

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

If you have Windows 10, these instructions will do the trick:

1. From the Desktop, hold down the Windows key and press R. Into the Run window, typeservices.msc and hit enter.
  2. Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it and select Properties then click on the Stop button.
  3. Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder * Note: You may need to click a prompt to gain the appropriate authority to open the PRINTERS folder.
  4. Restart both the computer and the printer and you should find the document has been removed.

The process is much the same for Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8. You just need to get to the run window (procedure will vary on different operating system) and the rest of th eprocedure is the same.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.