GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

Is the Pixma Model 7720 compatible with Windows 10?

Customer Question

is the Pixma Model 7720 compatible with Windows 10?
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hello Duane! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. It would be my pleasure to help you with this. Please click on the link below and make sure that the printer in the photo, the Canon Pixma MG7720, is your printer, If it is, here is a link to the printer driver for your printer, directly from the Canon website. If it is not, please let me know so I can continue to search for the right printer. - driver download

*Note: Please scroll to the top of the page for the photo of the printer

The following operating systems are listed as compatible, in parentheses beside the printer driver itself, which would seem to indicate that it is compatible, as Windows 10 is listed.

Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP

However, farther down on the main page for this printer, under OS compatibiity, it is not listed. More than likely there wan't a driver for Windows 10 initially, but they later developed a compatible driver. Even if the driver weren't compatible, we could probably install it in "compatibility mode" so that it would work properly.

The date on the driver in the Canon website is 7/22/15. It is the most recent driver so I recommend using it instead of the driver on the cd that came with the printer, as that one may be older and not fully compatible.

I recommend that you try to install it and set it up. I don't think you will have any issues but, if you do I can offer the premium service of a SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE session, IF you run into trouble,

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If I have, please kindly take a moment to rate my service, so I will receive credit for my answer. If you are not satisfied, please let me know so I can continue working with you or refer you to another expert. Please do not issue a rating until you have provided me with an opportunity to address any remaining questions or issues. Your complete satisfaction is my goal!