John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Epson wp 4530. This printer has been leaking yellow ink

Customer Question

Epson wp 4530.
This printer has been leaking yellow ink inside the printer and on printed pages. When I do a nozzle check all are OK except the yellow ink which does not show anything on the printed page.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds like an alarming sort of difficulty; I hope I can help with it by advising you.

But I need to ask a few questions about the details, please:

- How old is your printer?

- Have you been using Epson OEM-original inks in it?

or, have you been using 'compatible' cartridges in it, or refills, or remanufactured cartridges, etc. ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
About 10 years old and genuine Epson inks are being used.

You could try to replace the yellow cartridge, and also check the place (or, slot) that it slides into, to see if you can see any obvious defect.

But I fear the printer is 10 years old, and a part of its inking system may have simply worn out with time usage and age.

Replacing the yellow, printing about 5 more sheets including the yellow color some, and seeing if the problem persists, would by and large prove this (one way, or the other.)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK will do that. Thanks

When you try what I recommended yesterday, please take the time to let me know how it goes and what you found out. Thanks.