John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a CANON PIXMA printer, MG7760 I want to scan a photo

Customer Question

Good Afternoon,
I have a CANON PIXMA printer, MG7760
I want to scan a photo and have it come on to my Laptop Computer. The laptop is connected to the printer because I can print from the laptop using the printer.
But i don't know how to put a photo (or document) on to the printer glass and have it come through to my printer and be able to put it into a document or something else.
I'm rather an old man, so if you could explain step by step I would really appreciate it.
Thank you,
Bruce Morey ***@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can help you in one of two ways:
1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.
2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch.

In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.

As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.

If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.

Thank you,