John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I965 printer was working very well until recently. Now all

Customer Question

i965 printer was working very well until recently. Now all greens print as yellow, browns as dark red.
Inks are fine (OEM) and no change to papers.
Advice please
Rex Waite
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Please pardon the delay in responding to your question...

I presume that your printer is a Canon Bubblejet (inkjet type) printer.

I think there are something like two possible solutions to the problem you are asking about:

1. are you printing from Adobe Photoshop or other Adobe graphics software? if so, try printing from a simpler and less complicated app or program. It may show the problem to be in Adobe software's complicated color (and other ) printing-relevant settings and adjustments, not in the printer itself... if you are printing with Adobe software. If not:

2. try a 'head cleaning' or 'printhead cleaning' cycle on your printer. Or two, separated by a 20 minute pause to let the waste ink from the first cleaning soak into the printhead. A corruption of color in printing, with an inkjet-type printer, may possibly be owing to waste ink growing stale on the printhead, in which case it needs to be washed away by this process.

If you don't know how to do a printhead cleaning cycle, just ask me. (It's not done by hand, it is ordered from the printer's controls on computer or on the printer itself.)

Please use Reply To Expert and let me know whether one of those 2 solutions worked. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks - Will try tomorrow (now 0100 here)
The ink is some 10 -12 months old which is consistent with your diagnosis.
ps Problem is across all Microsoft Office including Word so I don't think it is likely to be a complex printing issue.

OK! good to hear that one of my guesses was possibly right.

Sleep well. Tomorrow's time enough.

Let me know how it goes when you know. Thanks.