crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

It is not working, for some time, alle there is. printer is

Customer Question

It is not working
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: for some time
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: alle there is. printer is 5 years old.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon Prixma MP 810
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: The message is : This printerhead type is not the korrekt one. Insert the correct type. But I have never changed the Head.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 4 months ago.

Hi!

What exactly is not working on the printer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It will not print - it will not scan. There is an U 52 error message on the screen.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is plenty of ink.

The U52 message means a printer head is incorrect.

1. Open the cover of the printer.

2. Remove all ink tanks from the printer.

3. Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.

4. Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.

5. Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.

6. Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.

7. Close the cover and turn the printer off.

8. Unplug the power from the printer. Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Done. But I have done this before and it did not help.

Unfortunately, there is no way to know what you have and have not tried already.

If those steps did not work then you will need to replace the printer head on the printer. I would suggest that you contact Canon to see if they will offer a discount or a free printer head replacement for your printer because the cost of the printer head could be more than the actual worth of the printer. Please call 1-***-***-**** and let them know that your printer head is not working properly.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.