Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Scanning using the sheet feed has decided to error....it

Customer Question

Scanning using the sheet feed has decided to error....it feeds through he first sheet, starts feeding the second, then stops with an error. Worked fine one day, next day decided this was the thing to do. Ive tried third party software and the scanning software that came with the printer. Same error. Paper doesn't seem to be jamming....comes out easily enough, but can't get past this error.
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bought the machine in 2012, FujiXero cm305df. Sole user, small home office.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Rebooted, several times, checked theres nothing obstructing it, which was of course fine as the first sheet went through, but continually on the second it stops. Almost like its forgotten to eject the first sheet those last few mm, which was normal operation previously.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I think thats all.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

This is usually the result of contamination in the ADF. Lift the lid over the adf and check carefully with a flashlight for any scraps of paper, stray staples or paperclips, etc. Clean all exposed rubber wheels/rollers with qtips and rubbing alcohol. Blow it out with compressed air, then close it back up.

Lift the lid over the glass, then clean the underside of the lid on the far left side carefully, focusing on the thin plastic strip there (which is what guides the scanned page into the output tray) thoroughly as well.

Let me know the results, and I"ll advise further if needed.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks. Was a driver corruption in the end, nothing physical, as I could copy via the feeder, just not scan via it. All working.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the update, I was not aware that the copy function was working still. Glad it is working for you again.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,