Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service

Why won't my Canon printer work with my Kindle anymore?

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

We are going to try two things. First, go thru your settings on your kindle, and drop the printer.

Then unplug your router/modem (if you are using wifi and not bluetooth) for a full minute. Plug back in and let device(s)

come back up fully.

Turn printer off, unplug for 1 minute.

Plug printer back in after router/modem is back up, turn on printer, and add/set up your printer again. Test page print.

Let me know what happens from there. if this doesnt fix it, we will check your plugins.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't find where my printer is listed under settings on my Kindle.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How much does it cost for you to connect to my Kindle or printer?

Look under your apps for printer and your wifi settings (if you are using wifi and not blue tooth)

You will tap the printer icon and go in to delete it from your phone.

If you are seeing remote support options, that is for pcs. we would use it to connect your printer to that

or set a printer up. This is a kindle. We wouldnt remote in unless necessary. If you are seeing automated

request for remote support. do not accept it for now.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Which device will you remotely connect to? My Kindle or my Cannon printer? I can't find anything you're telling me to find under Apps.

I cannot connect to the kindle unless it is in a computer. At this point it is not needed.

can you tell me the model of your kindle exactly?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's a Kindle fire hdx

Follow these steps to print from a supported Kindle device.

If you see this page, hit more options. You should be able to remove it from there:

1. From a supported app, find the Print option from the app's menu, and then tap Print.

2. Find the option to select your printer. The Android device displays a list of printers that are available on the Wi-Fi network.

3. Find your printer on the Wi-Fi list, and then tap to select it. Once you select the printer, your device remembers the selection.

4. If your printer is not on the Wi-Fi list or if you want to use the wireless direct connection method instead, find your printer on the Wireless Direct list, and then tap to select it. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once your printer is connected, your device remembers the selection.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm going to give up. When I choose the print button,it shows my printer, but then it says"printer unavailable at this time". I'm tired of messing with it for now. I'll just go without printing anything till I can get someone local to look at it. Thanks for your time. I can't afford to spend any more money on online troubleshooting, when it's not fixing the problem.

I will opt out and let someone else give you a response. They may be able to get you situated faster. Please stand by.