comp_audio
comp_audio, Technician
Experience:  I offer over 20 years experience in diagnosing and fixing home and business printers. I am eager to assist you today.
44312836

Says it has a paper jam but can't see anything, also

Customer Question

says it has a paper jam but can't see anything, also cartridges won't move
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon Pixma 340 - about 4 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turning on and off, unplugging, not much else I can do I don't think
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Its wifi but I don't use the wifi as it doesn't want to connect since I chnged my supplier but am happy connecting with a cable
Category: Printers
Expert:  comp_audio replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you. One thing I know about this printer is it can give you that error that the paper may be jammed if the Rear Cover is not closed completely. Open and then Push the Rear Cover until it is closed completely and try again and let me know. If the issue still persists I will continue to help you troubleshoot it. Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no rear cover that opens !

The rear cover is the paper path cover.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing is visible there and all it does is allow the paper to be inserted. Certainly doesn't 'open' anything!

Did that page open for you with the instructions on clearing a paper jam?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did all that before I contacted you. Didn't help

Understood. Thanks for the reply.

Sorry about that, meant to click another link.

Please tell me if you are willing to disassemble parts of the printer following instructions from a service manual in order to get down to the culprit that is stopping your cartridge carrier from moving.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but can't do it until tomorrow

ok, great. I will get that section of the service manual sent to you today.

Alright, here ya go. I put it up to my dropbox.

I have to the best of my ability answered your question, and hope that you can happily accept my answer and give me a rating of 5 stars.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

And keep in mind should you need assistance again in the future you can request me by going to my JA Page (click here) and submitting your request from there. :-)