Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Brother Innobella DCP350C. I turn it on and try to

Customer Question

Brother Innobella DCP350C. I turn it on and try to photocopy. the photo capture light flashes and the words unable to print 4 f comes up on the screen.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

This could be a purge counter issue. Please try the following

ccess the internal maintenance mode by pressing the Menu/Set button, then press * 2 8 6 4 within 2 seconds. This should put you in the maintenance mode menu. Enter 80, then scroll down with the arrow down (round) key. You'll find an entry listed as purge count. If number is ***** 6000, enter 2 7 8 3.

This will reset the purge count value. Then the printer will restart, hopefully without the annoying cannot clean message.

let me know if this fixes the issue or not

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't see how to put numbers into this machine.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

In that case, these steps work for machines that dont have a numeric pad ( by using the up and down arrows to move through the numbers, then OK to select the number )

1. Press the Menu, then Mono Start key then press the UP arrow key 4 times to make the machine enter the maintenance mode and "ERROR 46" pops-up in the display.

2. Enter maintenance mode 80: Select 8 by pressing the UP/DOWN arrow key and push OK key and select 0 and push OK key

3. Now Press MONO arrow key several times until you see PURGE:XXXXX

4. Select 2 and push OK, Select 7 and push OK, 8 and push OK, select 3 and push OK and the purge counter is now reset to 00000.

5. Press STOP/EXIT key to go to root of maintenance mode

6. Enter code 99 to exit maintenance mode: Select 9 and push OK, Select 9 and push OK.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Hello again, I see you viewed my last reply but never responded. Did you still need help with this issue?

Please respond when you can so we can mark this issue as resolved or continue working on the problem.

Dustin S