Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

In the middle of printing, it suddenly stopped and went to

Customer Question

In the middle of printing, it suddenly stopped and went to the flashing red light indicating an error. Here's what I have tried and none have worked. I unplugged the printer, I removed it from the computer and then plugged back in. I shut down and restarted the entire computer. Now what?
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HL22700W. Since I'm only in this home 6 months each year, it only gets used about 6 months out of each year. I know it's about 6 years old.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: That's in my first message to you, disconnected from computer and reattached, unplugged from the wall and plugged back in. made sure there's no paper jamb by pulling out the tray, looking and pushing back in. I also turned off and restarted the entire computer while printer was plugged in.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not really, thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 months ago.

are there any messages on the LED display

are there any other lights on besides the flashing error light ?

this page will tell you what the error could be based on the lights that are on / off / flashing