Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

My HP Photosmart C5380 printer is producing very blurry

Customer Question

My HP Photosmart C5380 printer is producing very blurry images. It is not signaling low ink on any cartridge, they are HP cartridges, and are all firmly clicked into place. I think the head may need cleaning but can't work out how to do it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 7 months ago.

5Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today. To attempt to resolve the issue with your printer, try these steps:

1.) Make absolutely sure that you are loading your paper with the printing side down because many papers have printing and non-printing sides.

2.) Make sure you are using the correct paper type for the project.

3.) Try a different paper and see if you are still having the issue, if you are able to.

4.) If you are printing from a program, in that program click File, and then click Print .The Print window opens. Make sure the appropriate product is selected, and then click Preferences or Properties. The Preferences/Properties window opens. Click the Printing Shortcuts tab. If the quality of the printouts is not acceptable, try increasing the print quality. To print more quickly, try decreasing the print quality. If one of the options matches the paper type exactly, select it instead of Automatic. Make sure that this option matches the paper loaded in the product. Consider modifying some or all of the options in the Printing Shortcuts menu to increase print quality. To see additional options, click the Advanced tab, and then click Advanced Features. The Advanced Features window opens. Consider changing the following option: Ink volume : Adjust the amount of ink that prints on a page. For lighter images (less ink), drag the slider to the left. For darker images (more ink), drag the slider to the right. The lighter the ink volume, the more quickly the printout dries.

5.) Align your cartridges. To align the print head from the control panel: Press Setup. Press the down arrow button to highlight Tools, and then press OK. Press the down arrow button to highlight Align Printer, and then press OK. The product aligns the print head. Press any button to return to the Tools menu.

6.) Clean the print head. Press Setup. Press the down arrow button to highlight Tools, and then press OK. Press the down arrow button to highlight Clean Printhead, and then press OK. The product cleans the printhead. Press any button to return to the Tools menu.

At this point, if you haven't resolved it, the only thing I can think of is to physically clean the carriage with a qtip and clean all contacts where the cartridges meet the carriage.

I sincerely ***** ***** resolves it. If it doesn't, feel free to reply and we will try something else.

If this resolves it, don't forget to rate my answer with 3 stars or more so that I may receive credit!

Thank you for using Just Answer!

Were you able to resolve this issue? Thank you for your reply in advance!