Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I am in the process of adding paper to my hp2175 printer I

Customer Question

I am in the process of adding paper to my hp2175 printer I added the paper and i can,t get it to start printing. The window reads "remove and check cartridges" I am 91 years of age. My son gave me the printer w/o instructions.Can you help me, if not thats ok I will call him. this is my learning process.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I am sorry Pearl but I will call him back for help tomorrow. Too many numbers.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the following buttons arelight pink light cancel - yellow button copy, scan and photo card and a light comes on under right side of screen
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Lets give it A GO
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges (raise the main compartment lid which is below the scanner glass but above the paper tray, by lifting up, wait for the carriage to move over, then you will see the carriages to reach them), then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?