VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have a Cannon printer model MX892 ..Everything was working

Customer Question

HI, I have a Cannon printer model MX892 ..Everything was working OK..suddenly I have this error code U052 'The type of print head is incorrect' I tried everything ,remove cartriges,restart..replace the cartriges but still printer don't work.. remain with the same code..maybe you can help me.. Thanks.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this issue.

Has this been the first time that you have seen this issue? Also, how old is the Printer?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is about 2year old...and this is the first time .
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You still there?

Here.

OK, do you know how to remove the Print Head from your Printer, Sir or Madam?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I don't.. My name is Joe

Ok, hold a moment please.

Please do the following, Sir:

1. Turn off the printer

2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and make sure any and all cables are disconnected from the Printer

3. Unplug the power cord from the printer

4. Wait 10 minutes (This is supposed to clear the error message.)

5. Plug back into machine and wall outlet

6. Turn the printer on.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It made no difference the error code still there.

OK, give me a moment for a different solution.

What Time Zone are you located in?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
pacific zone.

Good. Please consider acquiring a bottle of Magic Bullet Print Head Cleaner. You use it to clean out the Nozzles' for the Print Head.

Ok, we have narrowed it down to two possible culprits:

Print Head having an issue or the Mainboard producing the error.

Your thoughts?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What about if the main board is the problem?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can you fix this remotely?

OK, the Main Board for your Printer is $35.00 and up, Sir. This buys a new one. Magic Bullet, dissolves all ink within a Nozzle. This is a 10-minute process. After using Magic Bullet the Print Head should function as normal.

I wish, kind Sir. This is a visit to Staples or Best Buy's Geek Squad folks. Or an authorized Service Center.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok i assume is nothing we can do for now. I probably have somebody local. I thought was a simple fix .Thanks.

Well, if we can clean out the Nozzles on the Print Head. This will likely fix the issue.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know anything about printers. Can't take it apart.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My God ...My wife just got home. she is telling me she took the printer to a repair center they clean the head but they did not fixe it. they did not charge her.

Ok. The Magic Bullet is simple to use. You remove the Printer Carts, then place a Paper towel under the print head. Feed a little down each of the print heads. Takes about 10 minutes to work on dissolving any ink in the nozzles.

Ok. Then if they cleaned it, Sir. We are now looking at a Hardware issue. The Main Board as the culprit.

You can call:

1(###) ###-####@ 9:00 AM Eastern Time to reach Canon's Customer Service. They can direct you to a local place to have them look at the Printer to confirm the issue to you.

Also, to further assist you. I will send a video that shows you how to remove the print head tonight. Then we can use a 60/40 solution of Windex and cold water to soak the printhead in.

Video is below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEkKGBUSwNg

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I followed the instructions carefully on the video and the head became pretty clean...I used a hair dryer to acelerate the dryin very carefully. installed everything back and the error code still there.

OK, pull the Print Head out and allow it to dry on a cotton towel. Let this happen in the overnight and restart everything in the AM.

My fault for not letting you know. the print head needs at least three hours to dry properly, Sir.