John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a Canon MG5520 It has two black ink cartridges, one

Customer Question

I have a Canon MG5520 It has two black ink cartridges, one thick and the other thin. the thin run is out of ink but the thick one is full. What is the point of having two black cartridges if the printer won't use one of them?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The situation must be quite frustrating, but there is an answer to some of your question at least, that I can provide.

- Do you mostly print text, rather than images, graphics, and photographs?

- What error message is on the printer currently, and is it refusing to print anything at the moment because the narrow black cartridge is empty?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.