GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

My cannon pixma 160 printer keeps giving me a paper jam

Customer Question

my cannon pixma 160 printer keeps giving me a paper jam message instead of printing. Is there any resolution to this problem? My computer is running windows 10. Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Good morning Vivian! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Let's try the easiest solution first. Take a thick piece of paper, like card stock, thick enough to go in the printer and not curl up when pushed. Turn the printer and after a about a minute, power it back on. While printer is powering up, GENTLY push through the piece of paper. The rotors may hesitate for a moment, but once the mechanism "grabs" the paper, it may push the paper out by itself. If not, GENTLY help it through. This will push through any small bits of paper that may be preventing the printer from working properly.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't work for you please let me know if there are any error codes flashing on the printer itself. Thank you!