John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have an HP Deskjet F4480 printer,scaner,copier, for some

Customer Question

Hello, I have an HP Deskjet F4480 printer,scaner,copier, for some unknown to me I am not
able to print scan or copy there is an "E" in the window next to the ink level indicator, is
there anything I can do to correct this?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Open the cover and remove the cartridges wait for the error to change.

Unplug the power cable from the printer and wait for 3 mins and then power it back on

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

It will display no cartridge error insert the cartridges one by one and make sure it snaps in correctly.

Make sure that the cartridge access door is completely closed. The door snaps into place when it is closed completely. You might have to press the Power button again to resume the task.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

let me know how it goes.

If you closed the cartridge door and the error still displays, or if you cannot close the door completely