TheGeekGal
TheGeekGal,
76665483

I have the Photosmart 7520 e-all-in-one-series. I have been

Customer Question

I have the Photosmart 7520 e-all-in-one-series. I have been trying to use the scan
feature. I have tried everything, but when I get to the part that says to type my e-mail
I have done this, but it says to enter a valid e-mail. I'm trying to get my pin#.
I don't understand why they won't take my email that I have used for more than 10 years.
Please help me.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** exactly are you typing your email into? Can you send a screenshot if it is on your PC? Is your printer asking you to enter your email so that you can scan? I'm just trying to figure out where to start. Please reply!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I type it into a box on the priter screen

This is an issue that I am not familiar with so I am going to opt out and give another technician a try. I hope this gets resolved! You have a wonderful day! Another technician should pick up shortly at no further cost to you.

Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you are having this problem. Are there any special characters (other than letters or numbers) in the email address? Is the email in the format***@******.*** with xxxx being your user name and yyyy being the email provider? Will a different email address work?

The printer should ask only for your email address, not your pin #.

To scan to email:

1. Load the original.
  2. On the Home screen, touch Scan.
  3. Select the destination by touching E-mail.
  4. Type in your email address in the format***@******.*** (or possibly .net or .org, depending upon your email provider)
  5. Touch Scan.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you still have a problem, please let me know so I can continue to try to help you. Please tell me exactly what you see on the printer screen when you try to follow the steps that I provided. Thank you!