VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I recently purchased a Brother Colour Laser Model

Customer Question

I recently purchased a Brother Colour Laser Model HL-3150CDN, which I am really pleased with and am enjoying. I have one small problem in that when I print through "Mail" an email on my Apple Imac Retina 4K running OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6 I get the last line on page1 and the first line on page 2 half printed and most times illegible. I use standard A4 paper and the "settings" appear correct.
Could you please assist me? - Thank you in advance GGG
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this issue.

I need to know when the printer was installed? And, the age of the printer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The printer was purchased last year on December 15th from AB Office in***** ManlyVale NSW 2093 and I paid A$100 extra for a technician to install it. It is still under WARRANTY!!

Ok, Sir or Madam, we will do some steps to do a cleaning of the printer to clear this issue up.

Please hold, instructions will be posted shortly.

1. Make sure the machine is in Ready mode.
  2. Press the UP or Down arrow key to choose Machine Info.. Press OK.
  3. Press the UP or Down arrow key to choose Drum Dot Print. Press OK.
  4. Press and hold down to turn the machine off.
  5. Open the top cover until it locks in the open position.

6. The color of printed dots is the color of the drum you should clean. Take out the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly of the color causing the problem.

7. Push down the green lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.

8. Turn the drum unit as shown in the illustration. Make sure that the drum unit gear (1) is on the left side.

9. Check the drum dot check sheet printed in Step 3.
    • Dot location: The sheet has eight numbered columns. The number of the column with the printed dot in it is used to find the dot position on the drum.
  10. Use the numbered markers next to the drum roller to find the mark. For example, a dot in column 2 on the check sheet would mean that there is a mark in the "2" region of the drum.

11. Turn the edge of the drum unit toward you by hand while looking at surface of the suspected area.

12. When you have found the mark on the drum that matches the drum dot check sheet, wipe the surface of the drum gently with a cotton swab until the mark on the surface comes off.

13. Put the toner cartridge back into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you install the cartridge in correctly, the green lock lever on the drum unit will lift automatically.

14. Slide the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly into the machine, making sure you match the toner cartridge color to the same color label on the machine.

15. Close the top cover of the machine.

Cleaning the Corona Wire:

1. Make sure that the machine is turned on.

2. Open the top cover until it locks in the open position.

3. Take out a toner cartridge and drum unit assembly.

4. Clean the corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from left to right and right to left several times.

Be sure to return the tab to the home position () (1). The arrow on the tab must be aligned with the arrow on the drum unit. If it is not, printed pages may have a vertical stripe.

5. Slide the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly into the machine.
    Make sure that you match the toner cartridge color to the same color label on the machine.

6. Repeat Steps 3 to 5 to clean each of the remaining corona wires.

7. Close the top cover of the machine.