John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It's offline, Since 9am yesterday, Unplug the printer from

Customer Question

It's offline
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Since 9am yesterday
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplug the printer from the outler
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: mfcj5720dw
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes. The on/off button on the printer has never worked,
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Was there any change recently to your computer or to your internet modem / router device that may have caused this issue?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB printer cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't have time now for you to login. Can I contact you or someone at the view response button tomorrow to continue?

It should be a quick fix, but yes, you can contact me later (even at night time) or tomorrow at the View Response button in order to continue. Also, if you can answer all my questions above, that would be great. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks! Bye.

You're welcome.

Please let me know a time and time zone you can be available. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I fixed it myself. I knew it was an easy fix but was rushing for something else and the next thing I knew I was transferred to your team. No need for follow.

Great. Do you have any other computer question / issue I can help you with today? Otherwise, we'll cancel this for you. If you need anything else, please come back any time. Thank you for the update.