comp_audio, Technician
Experience:  I offer over 20 years experience in diagnosing and fixing home and business printers. I am eager to assist you today.

Pro9000 II printer is not printing colors that match digital

Customer Question

Pro9000 Mark II printer is not printing colors that match digital images. Black from a photoshop image prints pink. Color from a Word doc are not true.
All inks cartridges are full, have run "cleaning" and "deep cleaning" process. Test prints after cleaning, come out pastel, no streaks, but the print isn't full color value.
What can I do to have the printer adjusted to match the color of the images to be printed.
Category: Printers
Expert:  comp_audio replied 2 months ago.

Hello, please tell me are you using genuine canon cartridges

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you for your response. No, I am not using canon ink cartridges, but I haven't been for quite some time without issues. I recently upgraded my Mac software to Version 10.11.6 El Capitan. Would that affect the printer? Also, I opened the printer's Manual, and tried to follow the align printer head prompts. got as far at "apply" but the printer doesn't respond to this command. What do you suggest?

Thanks for your reply. In this case then I recommend do a complete uninstall of the printer drivers that you installed for the printer. Reboot, then download and install the newest driver available from here. After it is installed reboot and give it a go and let me know. FYI - I have seen too many printers have their print heads messed up from non canon ink. Not all, but what happens is a bad batch gets in and does the damage.

Any updates?