GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I get the following message: "DOWNLOAD MODE USB Available"

Customer Question

JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Canon Printer - DOWNLOAD MODE - ImageClass mf4880dw
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turn off printer and unplug power cord...keep the on button on printer pressed for 10 secs
wait for 2 mins
plug in power cord and turn on printer
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: that's all
THANK YOU!!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Hi there Tim. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Let's start with this:

1. Turn off printer and unplug power cord...keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs
  2. Wait for a full 2 mins
  3. Plug in power cord and turn on printer

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. Let me know if it still gets stuck at download mode or shows some other screen, as there are other troubleshooting steps we can take.