John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Lexmark 310DN printer does not let me print anything it

Customer Question

Good afternoon my Lexmark 310DN printer does not let me print anything it has a printer head message starting numbers 24020101 and more numbers continue please help me solve this
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Lexmark 310DN is a copier, scanner, printer mostly it is used for copying
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sure the problem must be frustrating. I am sorry to think that it is, and I hope I can provide advice to solve it.

That problem sounds severe, and I am looking up data on the error code you have provided. I will post again in several minutes or so.

Please tell me a few things in addition to what you have already explained:

1. how old is your Lexmark printer?

2. what is the full text of the printhead message, please?

3. does the printer have a touch screen, or is it a model without a touch screen ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Russell I was just wondering could it be as simple as being completely out of toner I was double checking and the status of the toner is grey when it is full it is a solid black? Before we go on I wanted to ask that
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The copier is about 1 1/2 year old

The toner being completely out could affect things, yes.

Could you tell me the error message's text (after trying replacing or replenishing the toner) ?