Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I want factory rest, MFC-9840CDW, are you a robot,

Customer Question

i want factory rest
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: MFC-9840CDW
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: are you a robot
JA: I'm an assistant to the Printer Technician. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: MFC-9840CDW factory reset
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

It would help if you explained why y ou want to factory reset, or what the specific issue with your printer is.

In the meantime, this will allow you to reset the ink counters and levels

• Turn on your Brother printer.
  • Step 2 – Push the button on the front of the printer to open the front panel to reveal the toner cartridges but do not remove them from their tray.
  • Step 3 – Push the clear/back button and hold it still to bring up a reset menu. Take note that there are 8 different toner functions: two Black, two Cyan , two Magenta, and two Yellow.
  • Step 4 – For each of these eight functions in turn, push the OK button and then push it again for “Reset”. After a few seconds, it will display a message saying its “accepted” and that will inform you that the front panel is open.
  • Step 5 – Repeat step 3 and step 4 for each of the other 8 functions.
  • Step 6 – Once your done, close the door and the status bar will be reset to normal with no error message.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
THIS NOT IT ??
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i want to reset the whole unit
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i want to rest to factor default
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

I cant help you, if you dont tell me why you are trying to reset, or what you are t rying to reset.