Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

I have an Epson Stylus C60 -- will not print ---red and

Customer Question

I have an Epson Stylus C60 -- will not print ---red and green lights flashing at the same time ?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is over 8 years old -- where is the model number on the printer?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I found the model number on the back -- Here it is P 320A
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks , just need help figuring it out
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Jennifer, I'll be assisting you today.

I understand you are having a problem with your Epson Stylus C60? The red and green lights are flashing?

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2001 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

This printer is far more than 8 years old, it is nearly double that, and has served its intended lifespan 5 times over now, greatly exceeding any value that could be reasonably expected of it.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $150; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?