comp_audio
comp_audio, Technician
Experience:  I offer over 20 years experience in diagnosing and fixing home and business printers. I am eager to assist you today.
44312836

MG 5560 printer ran out of PGBK during a print run. On

Customer Question

MG 5560 printer ran out of PGBK during a print run. On installing a new cartridge it finished the page then stopped with error code 1403 Ïnstall correct print head. What do I do? *(Adrian)
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Cannon MG5560. It now says "Support code 1403 The type of print head is incorrect. Instal the correct print head." How can this be when I have been using the printer for several years and not touched he print head?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I removed the new cartridge and replaced the old cartridge but the same message came up.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Noi. I would be glad of some help
Category: Printers
Expert:  comp_audio replied 4 months ago.

Most likely this is a print head issue as the error states. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:

(1) Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water or a mix of hot water and isopropyl alcohol to thoroughly clean the printhead and the electronic contacts on each ink cartridge.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now

Here is a video that gives you a clear idea of what is meant above.

If the error still persists then you have one of two possibilities:
(1) One of the ink cartridges is defective and causing the error
(2) If it's definitely not that, then the print head will need to be replaced.