Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.

I have a WF2540 and it won't connect to my wifi thru my mac.

Customer Question

i have a WF2540 and it won't connect to my wifi thru my mac.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: since i bought the apple desktop. i'm not very computer literate and i need to be scanning things and i have no idea
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: EPSON WF-2540 AND I BOUGHT IT IN2012
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i went to office works and the assistant told me to plug into the epson a USB cable go onto my mac and look up epson support and drivers then follow the instructions
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: yeah, i really don't no how to operate my desktop properly
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following:

- Click on the Epson website below:

, then there, click on Drivers, then download and install both the Printer Driver and the Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility

, then see if you can print and scan. For scanning, you can open Finder, then click on Applications, then open Epson... / EPSON Scan application.

- If needed, make sure the printer is powered on

, then click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences, then open Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax)

, then click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and see if it detects your printer; if yes, then select it, then add printing.

- If needed, on the printer device, press the wireless signal / wrench / screwdriver Wi-Fi Setup button, then select option Wi-Fi Setup Wizard, then select / connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name. Please click on the website below for full instructions/ illustrations:

; if needed, please see video instructions at

; see starting the minute 2:42 to 4:10 only.

, once it is connected successfully, then try the STEP 2 above again to add the printer, then check printing & scanning.

- If there is still any issue, please let me know if you are stuck at any step, and let me know the model of your internet modem / router device.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

- If needed, please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me your Mac OS X version, such as 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, etc.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,