Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions

I have an hp Officejet 7500A wide printer. I had a paperjam

Customer Question

I have an hp Officejet 7500A wide printer. I had a paperjam and removed the paper intact. However, the screen says I still have a paperjam and directs me to clear it and press OK. The printhead is parked on the left side. I tried turning the printer off and on but no go.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****'ll be helping you today.

Since you have pulled the paper out intact, and it is still reading a jam, then we probably have to do a reset.

To do a reset, you will simply unplug the machine from power and leave it unplugged for 10 minutes.

A little known fact is that static gets charged up in printers and can cause all kinds of crazy stuff.

While the machine is unplugged, move the printhead from the left side to the right side firmly with your hand.

It should move freely. If it does, great. Wait the 10 minutes and plug it back in.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, PLEASE reply and we will try something else.

If this DOES resolve the issue, please remember to rate my answer with 3 stars or more so that I may receive credit for assisting you, as this is my livelihood.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Were you still having issues with this? Let us know!