Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I'm trying to print documents and the printer will print

Customer Question

I'm trying to print documents and the printer will print anything there are new ink cartridges. What can I do to get the printer to print?
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: it's a ESP office 2150
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: taking out the cartridges other than that that's it
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thats it
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is not going to be any additional fees on my card correct
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

There is an initial fee for written support, for the issue you described it looks like the fee is 23$. There would not be additional fees, unless you wanted me to connect to your computer via a screen share and fix the issue for you.

With that being said, To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
windows xp
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

One more question, is your XP computer connected directly to the printer via usb?

Or is it networked?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
directly to the printer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this is the issue the printer will print the document put when printing the anything there are black lines on the paper it wants to print on the paper it's like the cartridge is not making a connection to the paper. I hope this makes sense
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

All right, lets go to your devices and printers screen.. Right click and remove / uninstall all copies of your Kodak printer.

Then, go to this link and download the software for windows xp

Once downloaded, open and install the software, on the last step it will ask you to select your printer version, select the correct version matching your printer and complete the install.

Ideally, you should be able to print normally now. Let me know if you get stuck during these steps or run into further issues.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't think I'm doing this correctly why is it asking me for more money
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

The Kodak software doesnt cost money.. What you may be seeing is a pop up asking you to allow me to connect to your computer and repair this issue directly.

Thats secure remote assistance and it does cost extra. But that is only an option. We can proceed via written support at the initial fee and you can ignore that popup.

Dustin S