Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

I have a vertical line that prints when using my scanner and

Customer Question

I have a vertical line that prints when using my scanner and not the glass. I have tried to clean the parts but it has not rectified the problem. What exactly do I need to do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

While scanning or copying with ADF, the paper goes through the glass (flatbed). If there is a dot or any dust in the glass, it comes as a line, because the paper goes through the dust particle. When you use the glass, the paper sit idle on the glass and it comes as the dust particle only.

In order to resolve the issue, please clean the scanner glass thoroughly. Use cotton swabs and water to clean it thoroughly.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!