John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Windows 10 OS. trying to install brother laser printer keep

Customer Question

windows 10 OS. trying to install brother laser printer keep getting a iso26 - move file data - 1 error
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Bought the printer 2 weeks ago Model # HL-L2380DW
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Un installed all brother files and tried reinstalling but keep getting same error.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: at the moment this is where the downlading stops and the error occurs C.\..\..\Drivers\brpm13a_vi-vn.ch_
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that I will need a little more information before I advise you as to what to do.

Please tell me what computer you have, a Windows PC or an Apple computer.

And, what operating system version is on the computer, that you will be printing from?

Let me know, in Reply To Expert, please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
operating system is windows 10 <> computer is a lap top Acer F15 with a solid state hard drive

OK. Are you doing the install of Brother printer software from a Windows 10 compatible source? (If you are not sure, I will point you to one.)

And more likely to be the problem:

Are you installing while logged into a Windows login account (a Windows user name), that has Administrator privileges? Go to

Control Panel

User Accounts

and see if your currenly logged in account or Windows user name, is only a Standard account, with no Administrator privileges.

Please let me know what you find out. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you have the latest credit card information
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you have my phone number
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Call if you need any further information.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i am logged in with Administrator privileges

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

The iso26 error means you are using a corrupted source, e.g. a corrupted download, or a scratched CD or DVD disc.

May I point you to a better source of software to install to get this printer working? just a moment while I look it up...

First, turn Of the printer.

Second, go to

Control Panel - View Devices and Printers (under Hardware in Category View)

and locate the icon for your printer. Select that icon, and Delete it.

Third, restart your computer.

Fourth, once logged in again, go to

and download and install the Full Driver and Software Package, that you will find a link to there. (Be sure that Windows 10 is selected of course. It should be.)

Install that, and you ought to have no problems.

When that is done, please let me know what has happened. Thanks.