Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I'm having the same issue as the person on the page I'm

Customer Question

I'm having the same issue as the person on the page I'm reading - my epson workforce 2540 will print in colors, but not in black. I was able to copy something in black and white and it worked fine, but when I try to print a file my computer it wouldn't work. I've cleaned the heads and replaced the black cartridge with a new one but its still coming out the same - if I select black and white the page is blank, if I don't it will print in faint/blurry colors. I would assume it was a damaged print head except that it makes copies it prints the black and white copy just fine. does that make sense?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Epson Workforce 2540, I'm guessing 3 years old.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: everything on the epson site. I cleaned heads multiple times, changed the cartridge, tried making a copy in black and white (which did work).
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try aligning the printhead using the instructions in the link below.

https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wf2540/wf2540ug/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/wf2512_2540/aligning_head_lcd_wf2512_2540.html

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've already tried aligning, it didn't help.
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

Have you tried cleaning the printhead and then aligning?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

If the issue is with printing only, please try reinstalling the printer driver. Do you have the printer driver disc with you?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
when i print the sheet needed to align, it only has the 3 color patterns, and not the 4th which is black and white.
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a meeting I need to run to, but I will try this as soon as I return
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

Take your time and be back if the issue persists.

Thank you.

S H E F I N