John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I bought a new computor with windows 10 and i dont no how to

Customer Question

I bought a new computor with windows 10 and i dont no how to put the ip # in for my printer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 6204 wide format xerox 10 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I go to install printer find my printer but it wont let me add because i dont have the ip loaded and i dont now how to load ip #
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

If Windows finds the printer, then it should automatically load the IP address. If it doesn't find the IP address, then you may be having a problem. When you attempt to add the printer, what exactly happens? Are you given a particular message? If so, what is that message?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Thank you,
Jason